Friday, July 22, 2011

ODU and CAA Football Updates

This was somewhat of an historic week for this blog.  A contribution I made to the FCS Roundtable on Saturday Blitz was published.  We'll get to that in a second.  But beyond my own blog, it has been a pretty significant week for ODU football and the CAA Football conference in general.

Old Dominion University sold out is allotment of 14,000 football season tickets.  There remain more than 1,700 people on the waiting list.  I have my two seats ten rows back at the 50 behind the visitors' bench.


VBR Production's season tickets were renewed!  You can expect more high-quality pictures for each game.
There were two CAA First Team players each on offense and defense on The Sports Network/Fathead.com All-American FCS team.  There was a slew of second-and-third team CAA players on the list well.  Old Dominion's Jonathan Plisco was named second-team punter.

It was announced this week that the CAA Football Media Day will be broadcast on ESPN3.com on Wednesday, July 27.  I have a regular job and I don't think the CAA would allow a random blogger to attend this event, so I'll have to check the highlights.  This is the first time that an FCS conference's media day will be broadcast on ESPN3.  Rising RS Seniors Thomas DeMarco and Ronnie Cameron will represent Old Dominion as student-athletes at the event. 

I responded to a request from SaturdayBlitz.com for FCS bloggers to establish a roundtable discussion throughout the season.  Our first question surrounded our conference's best options to win the Payton and Buchanan Awards, as well as the most important players on offense and defense on the teams we follow.  Click here to see my responses to these requests.  Not surprisingly, Thomas DeMarco and Ronnie Cameron were the two most important players I identified for the Monarhcs.

Lasty, on another personal note, I ordered tickets to Old Dominion's first conference game at Delaware on 9/24/2011.  I'm going with a couple friends who graduated from Delaware so it'll be insufferable if ODU loses.  But I'll be able to blog about the experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment